Sunday, October 12, 2008

"Lemon Inking"

This is an image I drew for the flash image on the official site. Here's a video of me inking it:




This is the first time I've ever really inked something before with real ink, (as opposed to on the computer) with the exception of an experiment or two. Therefore let me make it very clear that this is NOT a tutorial and nor is anything you see on any of our blogs. We are far too inexperienced to be giving out any advice at this point. This is more just a look at how I'm Inking right now for anyone who's interested in that kind of thing or has any suggestions for me. Here are some pics of my workspace:

This is the image before I inked it.
This is the ink and pen I'm using. Both are Speedball.
I'm using bristol board. I usually just use flimsy printer paper that gets ripped and crinkled.

Here is the finished inked image. I kept accidentally smuging the ink with my hand as I inked and had to cover the smuges up with white paint but I think it looks pretty good.


Here are some closeups!
Andy!
Derek!
Craig!

Jeff!
...and Tommy!


-Tim

1 comment: